Defiance Castithan race playable as paid DLC – Coming this month10 May 2013
In a new developer blog for TRION’s MMO Defiance, Executive Producer Nathan Richardsson has outlined their future plans and given details of the game’s first DLC.
The DLC update comes in three forms, paid DLC which will cost $10, free DLC and store items. The DLC will give players the opportunity to play as the Castithan race which is the first new race to be added to the game. The Castithan are the pale looking Emo-looking types in case you were wondering. A new open world game mode called Sieges is also being added in the DLC update.
The content update has been broken down as follows:
You get this when you buy the DLC for $10:
– Access to play the Castithan Species
– Access to a new Story Mission Line with new Battle Arena Game Mode
– Access to the new Castithan Battle Arenas
– Castithan Charge Blade & Ceremonial Mask as a reward from Story Mission Line
– A unique version of the Raptor, a new 4 player truck of doom
– A unique Castithan version of an outfit
– A Charge Weapons Starter Pack
– Access to New Pursuits
– New Xbox and PS3 Trophies and Achievements
You get this in the DLC for free:
– Access to the new Charge Weapons Class and Castithan Blades
– Access to Sieges, a new Open World Game Mode
– Access to the new Monolith Major Arkfall
– Access to a new PvP Map – Military Academy
– Join a friend into the Battle Arenas Game Mode
– Duel your friends and neighbors in the Duels Game Mode
– Enemies, lockboxes, and events can drop Charge Weapons
– Select a new voice for you character
– Multitude of game improvements from UI to content
You can buy these individually from the store:
– New Mods that tint the color of your Castithan Blade
– Lockboxes have a chance to get Charge Weapons
– More versions of the Raptor, the new 4 player truck of doomed compensation
– Character Custo
Patch 1.020 will include all the above content which will be released later this month to tie-in with more of the TV show’s story.
Check the full development blog for more discussion on the above.