Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods expansion goes all Pagan
Paradox are back with more Crusader Kings II action in a new expansion they are calling Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods.
The expansion will take gamers further back in time, as far back 867 AD giving budding conquerors the chance to play as a Pagan or Zoroastrian ruler. Going back this far in history probably means even more ruthless brutal warfare, they were right bastards back then.
Features players can look forward to include:
- Religious Turmoil: Restore the Old Gods to prominence through sacrifice and divination, or force the pagans to convert through new missionary missions
- Earlier start: 200 years of more gameplay with the special 867 AD bookmark
- Rebels With a Cause: Rebels are no longer faceless rabble, but led by defined characters with specific agendas
- Adventurers: Watch as landless younger sons and charismatic warriors raise armies
- Pillage and Prosper: Loot provinces and burn cities to the ground lest your warrlike people grow angry during extended peacetime!
- Heathens: Convert them or play as them and survive, reforming your faith to stand the test of time
- Prepared Invasions: Declare your intent to invade a rich target, and watch adventurers and opportunists flock to your banner.
- Unholy UI: A new pagan interface is available alongside all-new events, decisions, and units.
The game is expected to be released some time in Q2 of this year.