Channelling History: Legends of War marches on stores in March22 Feb 2013
The turn-based WW2 strategy game Legends of War will be available from 8 March, according to developers Slitherine. It’s being made in association with The History Channel, and claims it will bring a “a whole new level of depth and realism to the genre.”
You’ll lead your squads from the Normandy beaches to the streets of Berlin, developing their skills in an RPG-type fashion along the way. It’s promising over 30 unit types (including vehicles) and a whole load of period-specific weaponry. It also name-drops XCOM, which is what all the cool kid turn-based strategy games are doing these days.
Would you enjoy looking at a bulletpoint feature list? Of course you would.
- 4 Operations, 21 missions, 44 battlefield maps & 36 different types of unit
- Varied mission types, including attack, infiltration, defence, escort and sabotage.
- Unique combination of 2 strategy game mechanics: high-level strategic management and turn-based tactics.
- 44 different battlefield maps consisting of 3 different environments: countryside, snow and cities.
- 36 different types of units: command infantry, armoured vehicles and aircrafts, special units (including snipers, elite forces and commandos) fighters and bombers.
- Go Head-to-Head with the Hotseat multiplayer mode.
Related to this story