Anomaly 2 strategy sequel revealed as 11 bit’s secret game
A couple of weeks ago we reported that 11 bit studios were giving gamers the chance to pre-order a game that had not even been announced. It’s an odd way to get pre-orders, but if you did pre-order, then Anomaly 2 is what you’ll be getting.
The game is a the sequel to Anomaly Warzone Earth and promises “a hardcore real-time strategy experience with exceptional tactical variety, intense multiplayer and remarkable visuals”.
Anomaly 2′s plot is set after the invasion of Earth in 2018 when alien machines dropped in on mankind. With the humans on the verge of extinction, they have stuck together in a fight to survive searching for food and supplies. If you played the original then this game takes the core ideas of that game and adds new features including:
- Morph your troops into war mechs to discover the new face of strategy: each unit has a different mech form with various abilities to help you overcome specific combat situations.
- Engage in a multiplayer experience unique to Anomaly 2: tower defense vs. tower offense. Play as the towers and destroy the humans or lead the humans to annihilate the alien towers.
- Fight across a post-apocalyptic world in a new single-player campaign that offers a more intense strategy experience than the acclaimed original.
- Carve your own path to victory and create your ultimate battle squad. With more than a million tactical combinations to build your squad, your options in combat are nearly endless.
- Dive into a beautifully rendered world, thanks to the team’s new and improved visual engine.
- Experience alternative endings dependent upon your approach to enemy machines in the campaign.
There are a couple of videos to accompany the announcement including one from 11Bit as they discuss how to make an indie game that’s worth checking out.
Anomaly 2 is due for release in Q2 of this year priced $14.99.