SteelSeries introduces the new RAW range of keyboards
With CES taking place there’s going to be plenty of tech announcements this week and SteelSeeries has just revealed a new keyboard range going by the name Apex.
There’s two new gaming keyboards in the range, the Apex and Apex [RAW] which include raised macro keys for gamers, tactile bumps on the WASD keys, simultaenous key pressing functionality and more.
The Apex model which comes in at $99.99/€99.99 features SteelSeries ActiveZone illumination, a visual tool that allows the user to independently customize colors, 22 macro keys, up to 8 levels of illumination intensity in each of its 5 zones with up to 4 different, customisable layers per zone. Every key can also be programmed so there’s lots of flexibility which will suit gamers, 504 in total combinations.
The Apex [RAW] model is lower priced at $69.99/€69.99 comes with white illumination, 17 raised macro keys which gives a total combination of 250 keys. This budget version will be ideal for gamers not wanting the all singing, all dancing colours and key combos.
The new keyboards will be available some time in Q2 of this year.
- The Apex and Apex [RAW] strategically combine an adjusted layout, key enhancements, and bring fluidity to the way the users moves around the keyboard with:
- Raised macro keys along the top and left side, which provide faster and more precise macro combinations.
- The addition of two small tactile bumps on the W-key to provide a faster return to WASD.
- Superior anti-ghosting that supports simultaneous key presses in 20 of the most used gaming keys on the Apex and Apex [RAW}.
- An enlarged space bar and added directional keys are supporting features that improve comfort and reaction time.
- The SteelSeries key easily adjusts brightness and disables the windows key with no software required.
- Equipped with two swappable feet, the user can adjust the keyboards angle to what is most comfortable.