Guild Wars Wintersday events and seasonal goodies detailed
The annual winter festival Wintersday will soon be hitting Tyria and the original Guild Wars. ArenaNet is prepping players for what’s ahead with details of planned features and events, as well as holiday rewards and costumed which are unsurprisingly Christmas themed.
- Holiday quests in Lion’s Arch, Kamadan, and the Eye of the North! We’re bringing back popular quest chains that capture the spirit of the season. Deliver presents to needy little urchins, defeat the scheming Grentches, spread Wintersday cheer, and more!
- 8v8 ATS-style Snowball Tournaments!
- Two repeatable quests set in the Secret Lair of the Snowmen. It’s your choice: help save the Snowmen and all of Wintersday, or lead a group of Grentches for a final “Bah, humbug!” of the season.
- Venture into the Underworld for a series of repeatable snowball fights against the forces of Grenth or the followers of Dwayna. Seize control of piles of presents to claim victory for your side in this frosty fray!
- Holiday headgear! Continuing an annual tradition, you can earn one of two special Wintersday masks for participating in the annual Grenth vs. Dwayna holiday event!
- PvP snowball fights! Random forces unite within an arena to fight for either Grenth or Dwayna. The first team to gather five presents for its patron deity wins the day!
Wintersday is set to get underway on 13 December and will run until 2 January. The biog closing event will run on 1 January 12:01AM PST and repeat every three hours until 2 January. No excuse for missing that.Related to this story