Ace of Spades launches tonight – Watch the trailer
Jagex will be launching their shooter/builder Ace of Spades tonight at 8PM GMT.
500,000 players have pre-registered for the game already so it could be a little frantic on servers when the game goes live. The game is available through Steam and will cost a very reasonable £6.99 ($9.99), and based on what we’ve played, is well worth the pennies.
If you’ve not read our hands-on preview then check that out, and in case you want to know what’s included with the game, here’s the full feature list. Oh, and of course the launch trailer featuring Motorhead.
Ace of Spades will launch with four unique classes, each with their own distinct weapon and utility set:
- Commando: This one man army carries things that go boom! With all brawn and some brains, the Commando is a heavy weapons specialist that will rain destruction down on anyone foolish enough to get in his way.
- Marksman: An expert in covert operations, once the Marksman gets you in his sights you better hope he doesn’t pull that trigger, he has razor sharp accuracy and distance is no object.
- Rocketeer: Catch him if you can! With his jet pack the Rocketeer will be getting into all the best tactical locations, ready to ambush you from on high! Once he’s taken out his target he’ll fly off and wait for the next unsuspecting victim.
- Miner: The Miner is the tunnelling king and an expert at crossing enemy lines undetected! If you don’t post a look out he might just collapse your defences without ever having presented a target for you to fire at.
The game will launch with a selection of game modes which can be played on a variety of maps including:
- Demolition – Destroy the enemy’s base before they destroy yours.
- VIP – Protect the VIP.
- Occupation – Defend your base from the opposition, then switch roles and try and plant a bomb in the opposition’s base.
- Multi-Hill – Both teams fight to control changing hill points.
- Team Deathmatch – Kill more than the other team. Nice and simple.
- Zombie Mode – Survive the Zombie attack. Get killed by one, you become one.
For more info on Ace of Spades, head toRelated to this story .