Time of Fury Updated to v1.02
New features, gameplay improvements, and more keep the game in fighting fit order!
Epsom, UK, August 13, 2012 – Slitherine (www.slitherine.com), Matrix Games (www.matrixgames.com), and Wastelands Interactive (www.wastelands-interactive.com) are happy to announce the release of the v1.02 update for the turn-based grand strategy game Time of Fury. The update itself is massive, containing gameplay adjustments such as supply changes, UI changes, and AI fixes.
The AI gets a slight boost in making itself more challenging, with the AI considering reinforcements to units sooner and USA AI trying to land in Africa as long as it is not at war with USSR to follow closer to historical timelines. A number of changes that are in the update affect the air and sea war, such as if a fleet is supporting a convoy only if it follows certain rules and the ability to see air superiority and range.
To get the update, click here to download it or select “Update Time of Fury” from the game menu.
About Time of Fury
In World War II every single aspect of war was crucial: from troop movements to supply, from logistics to diplomacy, from innovation to careful use of terrain. Many games have tried to replicate the depth and complexity of this global conflict and only a few have managed to give an all-around experience to players.
This is a game that truly replicates all these aspects. The developers of the highly successful Time of Wrath are back to the European theater of war with an ambitious project that allows players to truly experience what it was to be a decision maker of the period.
Time of Fury spans the whole war in Europe and gives players the opportunity to control all types of units, ground, air and naval. Not only that, each player will be able to pick a single country or selection of countries and fight his way against either the AI or in multiplayer in hotseat or Play by E-Mail. This innovative multiplayer feature will give player the chance to fight bigger scenarios against many opponents, giving the game a strategic angle that has no equal in the market. The game uses Slitherine’s revolutionary PBEM++ server system.
- A huge campaign map spanning the entire European theater with more than 40,000 hexes and massive armies of over 1,000 units.
- 5 epic Campaigns covering the entire war starting from 1939-1944 and to 2 smaller campaigns better suited to multiplayer.
- Hundreds of historical events such as the Molotov Ribbentrop pact. Should Germany split Poland with the Soviet Union or risk war with the USSR? Should Germany form Vichy France for a quick surrender and to avoid fighting French units overseas but at the cost of not being able to attack Vichy controlled territories overseas.
- Use Diplomacy points to influence the war readiness and war entry dates of neutral nations. Can Germany keep the USA out of the war long enough to conquer the UK or should it focus its diplomatic efforts on gaining allies in Finland or the Balkans. It’s even possible to cause coups changing the governments completely or to control your own populations ambitions for war.
- Technology system with 5 areas of research. Upgrade obsolete units to modern weaponry. Even invest the atomic bomb and destroy the enemies will to fight.
- Each nation has unique abilities. E.g. German panzers are faster while their supply system is less reliable.