The Dark Knight rises to the top of UK chart for fourth week16 Jul 2012
Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes is once again at the top of the UK chart. That makes it four consecutive weeks with the cuboid crime fighter at number one.
Sales for Lego Batman 2 dropped by 19 per cent from the following week, but that still wasn’t enough to help Sega’s lacklustre London 2012: The Official Video Game take top spot.
The biggest gainers of the week were Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Future Soldier and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. Both games recording a 41 per cent week-on-week rise thanks to in-store promotions and price slashes.
Last week’s only new retail release, Inversion, could only manage to enter at 50 in its first week. Our Inversion review is coming very soon.
UK All-format top ten:
1. Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Warner Bros.)
2. London 2012: The Official Video Game (Sega)
3. The Amazing Spider-Man (Activision)
4. Dead Island: Game of the Year Edition (Deep Silver)
5. Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Future Soldier (Ubisoft)
6. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Activision)
7. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda)
8. FIFA 12 (EA)
9. Spec Ops: The Line (Take 2)
10. Mario & Sonic London 2012 Olympic Games (Sega)