Kinect fixes on the way for Skyrim’s ‘Dawnguard’23 Jul 2012
The latest update for Skyrim, version 1.7, has been detailed by the chaps at Bethesda. As with previous updates, it’s “coming soon” to both consoles and available now to download as a beta version for the PC (through Steam). Naturally, this latest patch contains a few fixes for the ‘Dawnguard’ DLC; particularly Kinect-based ones, as the add-on is still in a period of Xbox 360 exclusivity.
Here are the bug fixes, in full:
- General memory and stability optimizations
- Fixed crash related to new water shaders
- Fixed rare crash related to dragon landings
- Fixed logic error with loading screens from add-ons (Xbox 360)
- Using vampiric grip and swimming no longer prevents swimming animation from playing afterwards
- Improved recognition with Kinect voice commands (Xbox 360)
- Kinect-enabled dragon language shouts for French, German, Italian and Spanish work properly (Xbox 360)
- Fixed issue with Dawnguard Kinect-enabled dragon shouts for French, German, Italian and Spanish (Xbox 360)
As noted, Dawnguard is still Xbox 360 only. However, that exclusivity period ends this week (26 July), so we may well see a release date announcement for other platforms in due course.
Source: Bethesda Blog