Final Fantasy XIII-2 was top selling game in February
Final Fantasy XIII-2 was the top selling game in the UK in the month of February, beating off competition from Metal Gear Solid HD Collection and Fifa 12.
The complete top 10 for the month can be found below.
Overall unit sales for February 2012 are down 29 percent in comparison to February 2011. Sales monitors GfK Chart-Track announced that 2,314,424 games were sold, totalling roughly £55 million in sales.
Electronic Arts were the big winners are far as publishers were concerned, with three of their games in the top 10. No other publisher could manage more than one.
Top 10 best selling games for February 2012 (UK):
1. Final Fantasy XIII-2 (Square Enix)
2. Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (Konami)
3. Fifa 12 (EA)
4. Battlefield 3 (EA)
5. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Activision)
6. UFC Undisputed 3 (THQ)
7. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda)
8. Mario & Sonic: London 2012 Olympic Games (Sega)
9. Assassin’s Creed: Revelations (Ubisoft)
10. Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (EA)