Fifa 12 tops Christmas sales league
Being top at Christmas may mean nothing in real life football, but EA Sports will no doubt be thrilled to see Fifa 12 sitting merrily atop the UK all-formats chart for the week ending 24 December. Skyrim’s reign at the summit was short-lived, as it tumbled down to a (still pretty respectible) eighth place.
Other noteable movements include the entry of Star Wars: The Old Republic at number ten (not bad, considering it’s PC only and came out on 20 December), and Just Dance 3 actually slipping a place (to third) in the run up to Christmas. The ever-present Call of Duty (in its most recent Modern Warfare 3 incarnation) sewed up second spot.
The full Top Ten is as follows:
1. Fifa 12 (EA Sports)
2. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Activision)
3. Just Dance 3 (Ubisoft)
4. Battlefield 3 (EA)
5. Assassin’s Creed: Revelations (Ubisoft)
6. Saints Row: The Third (THQ)
7. Need For Speed: The Run (EA)
8. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda)
9. Mario & Sonic London 2012 Olympic Games (Sega)
10. Star Wars: The Old Republic (EA)
Five of those titles popped up in the IncGamers Game of the Year 2011 Countdown. Head over there to find out which ones.
Image taken from Fifa 12