UK Chart: Modern Warfare 3 still No.1
Modern Warfare 3 remains top of the UK chart for the third week in a row, a landmark last year’s Black Ops couldn’t manage as it was toppled by the release of Gran Turismo 5.
New entries WWE 12 and Professor Layton and the Spectre’s Call debut in the top ten at sixth and seventh respectively. Assassin’s Creed: Revelations remains in second will Saints Row: The Third and Skyrim swap places to end the week in third and fourth.
It’s a shame that there’s no place for the magnificent Rayman Origins.
Full UK all-format top ten:
1. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Activision) – 8/10
2. Assassin’s Creed: Revelations (Ubisoft) – 7/10
3. Saints Row: The Third (THQ) – 9/10
4. Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda) – 9/10
5. FIFA 12 (EA) – 9/10
6. WWE 12 (THQ) – 7/10
7. Professor Layton and the Spectre’s Call (Nintedo)
8. Just Dance 3 (Ubisoft)
9. Battlefield 3 (EA) – 7/10
10. Super Mario 3D Land (Nintendo)
With the bulk of the Christmas releases now out and doing the rounds, the chart seems to be stabilising and hinting at what it will look like come the big day.
No prizes for suggesting that Modern Warfare 3 will be at the top of the Christmas chart, but Assassin’s Creed is doing well (as always) and Saints Row: The Third is exceeding my personal expectations.
We’ve still got Mario Kart 7 to come later this week and EA have just kicked off a big TV ad campaign for Need for Speed: The Run. have you put any bets on?