UK Chart: Gears 3 explodes onto top spot
F1 2011 also impresses, Zumba out of top three for the first time ever.
In an outcome that will likely surprise no-one, Gears of War 3 has claimed top spot in the UK all-format software charts in its first week on store shelves. Released this past Tuesday, Gears of War 3 knocked Dead Island from the number one position – the zombie-slasher having been in pole position for two weeks.
Speaking of pole position… F1 2011 just about managed the front row of the grid by entering in second. Elsehwere, Zumba drops out of the top three for the first time in what seems like an age and Deus Ex: Human Revolution continues to go strong in the top five.
Our prediction for next week’s number game? Fifa 12.
Image taken from Gears of War 3.
Full UK top ten (with links to applicable reviews) as follows:
1. Gears of War 3 (Microsoft) – Review.
2. F1 2011 (Codemasters) – Review.
3. Dead Island (Deep Silver) - Review.
4. Zumba Fitness (505 Games)
5. Deus Ex: Human Revolution (Square Enix) – Review.
6. Driver: San Francisco (Ubisoft) – Review.
7. Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine (THQ)
8. Resistance 3 (Sony Computer Entertainment) – Review.
9. Lego Pirates of the Caribbean (Disney)
10. Rugby World Cup 2011 (505 Games)