Square Enix Apologises for Final Fantasy XIV
Square Enix have at last admitted that Final Fantasy XIV is a broken game. So much so that anyone who brought the game before the 25th of October will have 60 days free trial instead of 30.
To anyone who has tried to play Final Fantasy XIV the fact that the game is broken is not a surprise but Square Enix admitting it, was unexpected, but very much welcome.
“We would like to assure players that the world of FINAL FANTASY XIV is constantly growing and evolving, and the voices of the community are essential to that process. The development and management teams are carefully considering all player feedback, and working diligently to implement whatever changes and additions will serve to make Eorzea a better home for adventurers. We humbly ask for your continued support to this end.”
Free Trial Extension Details
Only customers who have registered FINAL FANTASY XIV service account and purchased a character by Oct. 25, 2010 will be eligible for the extension of the free trial period. Customers purchasing their first character after that date will be entitled to the standard 30 day free trial period only.
* Character purchase must be done by 23:59 (GMT) on Oct. 25, 2010 / 00:59 BST on Oct.26, 2010.
* Accounts that have been terminated due to violation of the User Agreement are not eligible.
* If multiple service accounts are registered, all service accounts will be eligible.
- Extended Period
The free trial period will be extended by 30 Days (By combining with the initial free trial period, the total will be 60 days.)
* Both the end date of free trial period and billing start date will be extended automatically. There is no change or update that needs to be done manually. A Reminder Notice will be issued before the billing start date.
* Despite the length of the contract period that was selected, whether it be 30 days, 60 days, or 180 days, the extended period will remain 30 days for all eligible players.
After the extended free trial period has come to an end, billing will be processed based on the selected contract period.
* Even in cases where auto-renewable options have been disabled, the free trial period will be extended and players will be allowed to play FINAL FANTASY XIV until the new end date of free trial period.
* Even if you have already received the notification mail on the end of free trial period and the schedule on monthly fee billing, the extension of free trial period will apply.
* The process of extension of the free trial period within the Square Enix Account Management System is scheduled to take place on Oct. 19, 2010. An announcement will be made once the process is complete.
* After the free trial period is extended, the new billing start date will become available on the Square Enix Account Management System.